Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday afternoon

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather here is great, couldn’t ask for better. 62 degree’s. Makes me want to go camping. I LOVE LOVE LOVE camping, but in the cooler months I love it even more. The camper is once again ready for us to pick up. I just don’t know if I want to go thru with getting it tagged and insured, beins how every time we took it, it broke down on the side of the HWY. That ain’t no fun. A couple of times we even had the dog along with our 3 kids and most times 1 or 2 more. Oh well. I’ll let it set there for a couple more months before I have to make up my mind.

I didn’t mention that J quit drinking last Friday night, well we should say slowed down cause in order to quit that means never again, and well he did drink last night, but I kinda caved just to see if he would or not so I can’t be mad. I don’t mind him drinking during a game on the weekends, but the everyday on the way home HAS to STOP. So far so good. Tuesday was an almost deal breaker, when he got home the kids were here with my friend so I could go visit J’s BIL in the hospital, well when he got home and realized I wasn’t home he went straight for the fridge and got the last one in there, he has about ½ a case on the porch but they aren’t cold now with temps in the 50-60’s. But anyway I got home right after he did and he poured it down the sink after only getting a couple of drinks, he later said he poured it out cause he realized he didn’t even want it, lol, I say it is cause he seen me pull up. Oh well what ever the reason he didn’t get it. Now that’s not to say that he isn’t ganna have one from time to time with his buddy Bago, but he knows I am not playing and I will make a reason to get to Paoli to see some friends I am really missing these days. Spring break is right around the corner……

Ok enough about all that. Tonight I am watching my X’s kid. My girls really love him, he is Kiera’s age one week apart. They used to clash when he first started coming over, but now they get along just fine. Of course they still argue from time to time what 3 years olds don’t but he really is a joy to have here with us. He is a doll baby, cute as a button and quiet at a mouse. This kid won’t waist a word, but when he does talk it is clear as a bell, he is so smart. Can you tell I am having a little bit of kid envy, lol. They are now playing with the Thomas the Train stuff again. I made them a really cool interlocking track on the dinning room table, they are having a grand time with it. He just had his Birthday so he has a lot of the extra noise makers for the track. My other girl friend just spent $250 for the Thomas the Train toddler bed for her kid, That stuff is so expensive, glad I got girls, you know that got disney stuff at the dollar store these days, lol, we love that place, well I gotta run and get dinner going for the kids, ya’ll have a good day now ya hear’

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to J hope this helps:) have a great weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Just for J to slow down with the drinking is a good thing.  Maybe you are getting through to him.  Your kids sound so precious.  Kids are so innocent.   Camping is kind of like when we boat to different places.  It's family cozy time.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I'm a nature freak so camping is definitely up my alley. Although I prefer to camp in a tent and be close to the ground. Glad to hear about J slowing down with the drinking. Hope this helps him to be there for you more hon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope J keeps it up!! I love camping and have only been a couple times, last year we bought tents & such..the kids used them in the summer in the yard-David spent almost the whole summer outside.
I got to lounge around today....took the kids to "brunch", went to the grocery, rented some movies...and did NOTHING...well I did cook dinner lol, getting ready to go to BED...yeah-it's early...but when you have had a lazy day...what better to do but SLEEP?

Michele

Anonymous said...

Can't Wait to go camping myself but ya know booze goes with camping!

Anonymous said...

Good for you and J on the slowing down drinking...yes, the thomas stuff is expensive but the good thing is we have so much and the 3 of them all take turns so I got plenty of use out of it love it love Vicky

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are better for ya!
(((HUGS)))
Gillie