Monday, March 19, 2007

I am not the only thing fried around here

Hi dee ho neighbors. I went on an unexpected leave of absence the last couple of days. Not by choice.. Not to worry I didnt go far and I am now back amongst the journaling junkies I have missed so much. Not kidding folks without my internet connection to link to all my friends I was lost this weekend. It all started Thursday. I had just signed on and it started storming. We all know that during a bad storm with lighting to shut the computers down, well I was like huh what the hell is the surge protector for and I left the computer on and left the aol open. Well I had went down to switch laundry and on the way back upstairs I heard the thunder and I swear I felt the lighting shred its way thru the house, not that it hurt me but I could just feel the hairs stand up all over me, then I heard the aol sign off and say good bye. I wasn't worried about it I just thought I got booted, but hey wait I don't get booted with Broad Band, that was on dial up. Well anyway later that day I tried to get back online and nothing, no connectivity. I rebooted, I cleared cookies, I deleted files I did all kinds of shit and still nothing. So I undo my computer and hook it back up again to make sure all the cables are connected properly, well after doing that more than once I call the ATT& T 800 number. After about 15 minutes of talking to a computer I finally got a person I had to relay all the info I had just given to the computer, and they wanted me to disconnect and reconnect all the wires AGAIN. To no avail, there still was no connection, so they said they would send a line tech out the next day, that was Friday. Nope nothing wrong with the lines it must be the modem, DAH that's what I said when I called to report the modem being fried. So anyways the DSL tech was to be here today between 8 am and 5. When I called back to get a more accurate time they said after 1.. So I was tickled pink to see the DSL man here at 10 am this morning. I am now the happy owner of a new DSL modem and I couldn't be happier

Ok well I guess I could be happier but I will take what I can get..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering where you have been...no comments, no entries...Glad to see you back!!

I will be on your side of town next weekend-most likely Saturday to go to David's bridal with Bobbi to get her dress for my nieces wedding...

See ya later

Michele

Anonymous said...

Dumb Ass!LOL!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You got it worked out and fixed in less than a month?  What, do you have a relative on the Board of Directors or something?

Good to see you again, either way!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back hon, sorry you had to go through all you did , but thankful it wasn't for longer. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

glad your back:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

So glad you got back online! I`m sure withdraw symptoms were setting in.   :/

hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

i hate when that happenes.  especially over the summer with it getting so hot here and everyone pumping their a/c..we will lose power for blocks for hours and even a day or two...sucks for great adventure and some other parks because the people on the roller coasters get stuck up side doewn for hours some times...lol

happy you are back up and running
hugs
noelle