Saturday, February 24, 2007

if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

I didn’t tell ya about Thursday when my car broke down. I was taking Kandace to her dad’s for visitation and on the way there we got stuck in traffic, This is why we leave a half hour early, cause the traffic on 65 sucks.. But anyway I dropped her off to her dad’s and I head back home. On the way back I go 64, yeah it’s longer but it’s a bigger hwy with less traffic, I notice that my car is even more sluggish than usual. As I come up to the last exit before the bridge I thought about taking it and seeing if the car just needed to cool off some, but it wasn’t over heating and the neighborhood there is really bad so I stay on the HWY and get to the bridge, there are no emergency lanes on the bridge. And I am in the fast lane cause that’s the way 64 meets with 150, well I am going a whole 40 miles an hour and it wont go any faster, I am trying to get out of the fast lane but the assholes behind me are wiping out and passing me, I have my flashers on and they are still acting like I am not even there, all I want to do is get out of the fast lane, so I get my shot for the middle lane and I take it, well in the process I am pushing my gas pedal down and the engine is revving up but not going any faster, I am doing less than 30 miles an hour now on the bridge with no emergency lanes during fucking rush hour, then all of a sudden I feel like I hit a speed bump at 60 plus an hour I look behind me to make sure I didn't hit anything and all I see is three lanes of black smoke and it smells like fourth of July and rotten eggs.  I think to myself I just blew it up, OH GAWD WHAT NOW!!!! I have one of those "Jesus take the wheel" experiences.. well I get over the next lane and the car coasts to a stop, I tried to roll down my window and the damn thing is stuck again so I push with all my might and almost knocked the whole damned window out of the car but it just fell down in the door it didn’t break. So I ask the guy behind me to push me off the bridge, well I guess he thought I was telling him to go around and he jetted out and went around the next car behind me was a truck and old work truck so I ask him to push me off the bridge, he actually shakes his head no and passes me too, so I am PISSED now all the fucking jerks not stoping for a woman with kids in car seats in the back. Well now I am PISSED and SCARED cause not only am I broke down on the bridge during rush hour with no emergency lanes I am also in a blind curve, all I can think about is a semi coming thru and plowing right over my little bitty Elantra, so I start pushing my car, and I was doing it too till a lady stoped in front of me, I was like MOVE YOUR CAR!!! She wouldn’t she asked if I had help coming I asked her again to move her car SO I could push mine over the bridge atleast on the other side of the bridge the lane I am in splits into two lanes and at leat there I can wait for a tow truck with out the fear of being slammed, but she wouldn’t move her car. I was glad I had someone stop to try to help, but to me she wasn’t helping, she was in the way of my kids safety. But I did as she said and I called 911 for help. I then called J and let him know where I was and that I needed a tow truck well he starts with the 20 questions are you sure you blew it up, did the clutch go out, yada yada yada I am like CAN U CALL A TOW TRUCK OR NOT!!! He then said yes and I hung up. Shortly after that the Louisville police showed up and they waited about 5 car links behind me with their flashers going, so I felt safer then. The tow truck was there a couple minutes after the police and he got me off the bridge, the kids were happy campers riding in the front of the tow truck with no car seats, lol, and the tow truck guy told me I was lucky Louisville police showed up and not New Albany cops cause if it had been New Albany cops they would have impounded my car for blocking traffic, can you believe that. How many of us have enough money for car repairs and an impound fee? I swear when it rains it pours. I came home to have to hear about how J is having to use his emergency brake, cause his brakes are so shot in the truck. Great more fucking money for car repairs. I had to borrow my sisters car to return some movies well a block or so away form my home and her car is driving like shit, J says it feels like we got a flat, and sure enough we did, all the way flat riding on the rim flat, he wants me to drive it back home, and get into an argument about it right there in the street, NO WAY am I going to drive a car on a flat like that…. So we walk back home (him bitching the whole way) get the air pump and take my van to get her car. My van still has something wrong with it some type of hoses that are dry rotting and cause me to lose power to the engine. I could kick my dad in the teeth right now, cause he wouldn’t let me take auto mechanics in school, he said that wasn’t a field for a young lady, well you knowwhat??? being stuck on the bridge with no emergency lanes during rush hour with kids is NO place for a woman either……….

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you were really lucky:) hope you get your car fixed quick:) have a good weekend:) you will bawl your eyes out when the baby goes to school:) (i did)

Deb

Anonymous said...

While reading this I felt like I was right there with you.  Glad you are all OK.  
That must have been so scary expecially since you were worried about the kids too.  Now have J do a once over on the car and get it fixed so nothing like this happens again.  
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/      Tracy

Anonymous said...

You are so darn lucky that your ok. So glad your ok. Emmi

Anonymous said...

Man, I would have been scared sh**less thank god you guys are ok love vicky

Anonymous said...

How scary!  I am terrified of having car trouble on a busy street in rush hour.  Glad you got home okay.
Gillie