Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Childhood meme....

Childhood meme.... :

Thanks Brit.

I really enjoyed this one.

 

1. Are you a child of the 70s, 80s, or 90s?

I was born in 1972 so primarily the 80's...I had a banana seat and a basket on my bike and real metal wheels on my skates, you know not ever once did I see someone get their fingers cut off. Oh yeah and the green machine Gawd I wanted one of those, but I never got one, it was for boys WHATEVER!!!


2. Where were you born?

Louisville Ky.


3. What kind of home did you grow up in?

My parents rented a lot of different places, seemed like I was always changing school and making new friends. When I was about out of grade school they moved to a trailer out in the country, I loved growing up in Georgetown In. Even in the trailer we had so much fun playing tag in the woods and riding our bikes thru the creek. When I was in High school they moved to Jeffersonville In. and I hated it there. Right in the middle of down town too. HATED HATED HATED it, I want to be back in the country with a gravel road mile long drive way.

4. Did you enjoy your childhood?

Yes!! I have amazing memories.. Though mainly memories I made in Georgetown and in Paoli. The apartments and city I could have done without, but nothing beats being a kid in the country.


5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a Solid Gold Dancer. I begged and begged for leggings and a perm. My dad would not agree to the perm but I got those leggings and I wore them with everything, lol, cause they matched everything, lol, they were rainbow.

6. What do you want to be now?

I still haven‘t decided, so far I am heading for crazy.


7. What was your first best friend's name?

Sarah but her first name is all I remember, that and she was blonde.

8. Is she still your friend?

I have no idea what happened to her.. :-(

she is in the pink in the front row.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


9. Can you name all the schools you ever attended?

Oh boy this is ganna be tough. Rutherford Elementary for 1st, Cane Run Elementary in the 2nd, I can‘t remember what school’s I was in for the 3rd and 4th Shelby something or nother, then I went to Galena Elementary for the 5th then middle school I went to Floyd Central. Although those were some of the best years for me for memories they were also some of the worst cause for all the fun I was having in the wood sand fields with my friends, the school days were really tough, My family was poor and this school was the preppiest around. Remember I lived in the trailer park, so where as a lot of the kids lived in trailers, I was lower than them cause I was from the hilltop trailer park, see the owned the land they played on and grew up on, I had a lot, but the woods and field around us were my playground, luckily the owners of those didn’t mind us kids back there getting into 100 kinds of mischief.

Back to the ?? I finished school (by the skin of my teeth) at Jeffersonville High School and Hated all of it



10. Were you closer to your mom or dad as a kid?

I wanted to be a Daddy’s girl and I guess I was for a short time, but then I turned on him after seeing the way he treated my Mom and the things he did to her, I love him as my father, but I don’t like him as a man. My Mother on the other hand has my utmost respect. She has bent over backwards for her children,Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

always giving up what she wanted and even needed at times to make sure the 4 of us kids got what we wanted, (except for that green machine) and she even took the grunt of that to telling me it was cause it was for boys, when if the truth be told it was cause daddy was blowing all the money at the bars and other stuff.

11. What was the first record, tape or CD you remember buying?

Michael Jackson Thriller

And yes it was the album, lol

If you don’t know what that is go goggle it…


12. How old is a good age to have kids?

NEVER


13. Are you scared of anything?

Mice,,, I hate them. And bee’s they friggin hurt.

And because I didn’t take my own advise (see above)

I am scared to death something bad will happen to my kidz.


14. What was your favorite class in elementary school?

Lol, is this a trick question??? I guess I‘d have to say gym.

Even if I failed it twice.


15. Did you buy school lunch or bring your own?

Buy school lunch, lol, are you crazy?? I got a little ticket from my teacher to give to the nice lunch lady who always gave me an extra side of whatever it was we had that day.

16. Broken any bones or had any freaky accidents as a kid?

No don‘t know how I lucked out of those, cause I was a crazy kid growing up.

17. Were you a mean kid?

Not really but if you didn‘t do what I wanted to do I wouldn‘t hesitate to go off by myself and do what I wanted to do.

18. Favorite board game of all time?

Backgammon.

19. Did you play house or pretend to be a super hero?

play house, lol, NOT ME I was the super hero building a tree house to fly out of.

20. Seriously, are you still just a kid at heart?

I have to be, with daughters ages 9, 4 and 3 I pretty much don’t have a choice, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute meme!  We should play online backgammon sometime, huh?

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love this simply because it allows us into your life even more. You sound like me growing up, head fast and stubborn. I was definately the tom boy. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

That was a great walk down memory lane. We're a bit apart in age, but not so much that I don't remember a couple of things you had or did as a kid.


LOL Solid Gold Dancers...man I forgot about those folks!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

great answers. you have a beautiful family.
hugs
noelle

Anonymous said...

love getting to know you better...love v

Anonymous said...

That was cute. I had that same Michael Jackson album - lol.
HUGS
Penny

Anonymous said...

I love these get to know you kinds of things.. I might have to steal it : )
Take care~ Melissa